virtualfanboy

Sunday, October 16, 2005

First Impressions: 3 New Games

Of my recent purchases, my three latest games are portables. Here are my impressions of the three after at least an hour with each.

DK: King of Swing (GBA) - Do not play this with your DS, it is extremely painful that way. So far, the use of the L and R buttons almost exclusively does not feel very inuitive and pretty gimmicky. I am also a bit tired of the Donkey Kong Country figures. I will be giving this another try, but so far, I am not very impressed.

Trauma Center (DS) - So far, very good. Excellent, in fact. I have learned that I am pretty good with everything but suturing. I like the wide variety of actions that you can perform, although I worry that you may be forced to learn memorize too much, which is not good for me because I often leave a game for a few weeks and come back to it.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) - Excellent game so far. I am not sure if I like having to draw magic seals to vanquish major bosses, but the gameplay is solid like all of the recent portable Castlevania games. (I unfortunately waited too long to get Aria of Sorrow, and have not seen it in a long time, except for eBay, so I have never played it.) I am hooked on this game right now, so I will probably be playing this exclusively for a while.

I will post full reviews eventually. I think I will start doing this first impressions thing for all new games that I try out.

3 Comments:

  • I am glad that I am read by Spambots everywhere!

    By Blogger Xryz - kingofallcosmos, at 5:23 AM  

  • Yeah, I tried King of Swing, and it was better in videos than it was in person. Played it on GBA, although via flashcart.

    Donkey Kong's stock is pretty high in my eyes right now, despite King of Swing, due to Jungle Beat. But the Donkey Kong Country extended universe can just fucking die. Nintendo, keep Diddy and Cranky if you have to, but all this Candy Kong Funky Kong King K Rool shit has got to stop turning up in new games.

    I chose the other professional graphical adventure, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Perhaps, once we both finish, we can swap for a bit.

    Castlevania looked good, and everybody says it's great, but I am just not in the mood for a Castlevania game.

    By Blogger Zack, at 11:08 PM  

  • Hey great blog!! Hey reading about you reminds me of the days watching 60 minutes and The Simpsons in the multitude of Clark Kerr TV rooms. You know who I am!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home